Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Happy New Year!

Wishing everybody a very Happy New Year. I hope 2013 will bring you plenty of happiness (in the shape of books or otherwise) and success.

BatmanJokerNewYear

I shamelessly pinched this from Scott Snyder’s Twitter feed.
Unfortunately, I don’t know who it’s by…

If you will permit me a bit of a digression, I also wanted to take this opportunity to say a huge, heartfelt thank you to Alyssa: without her, I would be a very miserable curmudgeon. She has helped me edit and improve so many of my reviews (if you find a typo, garbled sentence or any other flaw, it is my mistake alone). In other words, she makes me look good.

Alyssa has brightened up my life in every way. We met when I had been ill for many years, but she looked after me and didn’t run away. She enables and at least looks fondly upon my many geeky passions and obsessions, and has never judged me for my tastes. Here is to many more years together. I love you, and hope I make you as happy as you make me.

Farewell, 2012

After 552 posts and 182 books read in 2012, I want to also thank everyone for reading Civilian Reader – site traffic has exploded this year, with many more new and returning readers and subscribers. I’ve added comic and graphic novel reviews, expanded the range of publishers covered, and continued the near-weekly series of author interviews.

I hope you have discovered many new authors, novels and comics to enjoy. And so 2012, we bid you good night…

DogBlanketSleep

4 comments:

  1. Dude... those stats are mind-blowing. And good god, 182 novels read??? Does that include graphic novels?? If not, then that's truly amazing. I bow down to you, my friend! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BOOKS read - that includes Novellas and Graphic Novels over 100 pages. But yeah... That's a lot more than I was expecting... Probably won't match that in 2013.

      Delete
    2. And it also includes non-fiction books, of which there were a fair few as well (though not as many as I would have liked - I need to start reading more history, current affairs books as well - I just needed a bit of a breather after finishing my PhD).

      Delete
  2. That's an impressive number of posts. Keep up with the great work and maybe you can break it in 2013!

    ReplyDelete