Friday, May 18, 2012

Upcoming: CAPTAIN MARVEL #1

So, looks like Marvel’s going to be introducing a new, interesting character. From the creative team of fan-favorite writer Kelly Sue DeConnick and rising star artist Dexter Soy. (Covers will be done by Ed McGuinness and Adi Granov). Here’s a synopsis of the story:

“Carol Danvers suits up to tackle a threat only she can handle. Earth’s Mightiest Hero has a new name, a new mission and all the power she needs to make her life a living hell.”

Captain America will be guest starring in the first issue (on sale July 18th 2012). The press-release states that “no fan can miss this explosive new on-going [series] that will send shockwaves throughout the Marvel Universe” (emphasis mine). I’m sure it’ll be good (see below for some internal page art), but I am always dubious about words like those I’ve put in bold. Needless to say, I’m quite interested in seeing how this turns out, and I’m pleased they have given the character a more-or-less realistic physique.

Some internal spreads (click to hopefully embiggen):

CaptainMarvel-01-InternalArt1

CaptainMarvel-01-InternalArt2

CaptainMarvel-01-InternalArt3

All in all, I think this promises to be an interesting and good-looking comic. I’m looking forward to checking it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment