Thursday, March 08, 2012

Upcoming: “THE RETURN MAN” by V.M. Zito

Zito-ReturnMan

A new trailer for the upcoming novel by V.M. Zito, The Return Man, has now made its way onto the internet. Because I’m very much looking forward to reading the novel, I decided to share it:

The Return Man is published by Orbit in the US (April 1st) and Hodder in the UK (March 29th).

Here’s the synopsis for the novel:

The outbreak tore the US in two. The east remains a safe haven. The west has become a ravaged wilderness, known by survivors as the Evacuated States. It is here that Henry Marco makes his living. Hired by grieving relatives, he tracks down the dead and delivers peace.

Now Homeland Security wants Marco for a mission unlike any other. He must return to California, where the apocalypse began. Where a secret is hidden. And where his own tragic past waits to punish him again.

But in the wastelands of America, you never know who – or what – is watching you.

6 comments:

  1. SEED meets THE PASSAGE meets THE STAND meets other stuff.. count me in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it sounds fantastic. I've been waiting for this for a while, so I imagine everything else will be put on hold as soon as I can get my hands on a copy! Although, this does mean April is a wicked-busy month for exciting new releases...

      So many books, so little time! If only I read everything as quickly as I do thrillers and YA fiction...

      Delete
  2. Thanks for posting about this book. Looks like something I would like
    Cheers
    http://j9books.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one sounds good, like a Western, with the East civilized and the untamed West...but post Apocalyptic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A review copy of this came in the post yesterday, so I'm going to read it ASAP - really like the sound of this. Hope it lives up to my expectations. :s

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do we really need another zombie-apocalypse novel? Sounds interesting though. Maybe it will be different enough to stand out? I look forward to your review.

    ReplyDelete